Flight Inspections by Piaggio Avanti P.180 II at Vnukovo Airport
Piaggio Avanti P.180 II (RA-01520) aircraft of the State ATM Corporation’s “Aerocontrol” branch equipped with Russian-made Automated Flight Inspection System (АСЛК-2005) has completed routine flight inspections of CNS ground-based facilities and aeronautical telecommunication at Vnukovo airport.
Under the contract with Piaggio Aerospace Inc. (Italy), antennas and additional equipment had been fitted to Piaggio Avanti P.180 II to allow recording CNS facilities, aeronautical telecommunication and lighting system parameters by Automated Flight Inspection System and other advanced equipment.
In 2017, the customized Automated Flight Inspection System was fitted to State ATM Corporation’s Piaggio P.180 Avanti II aircraft. “Aerocontrol” Metrology Unit calibrated and tested the system to validate its capabilities to perform flight inspections in different modes.
Today, Piaggio Avanti P.180 II is authorized to conduct flight inspections of CNS facilities, aeronautical telecommunication and lighting system in the following modes:
· ILS CAT I/II/III (Instrument Landing System)
· VOR(DVOR)/DME (Azimuth and Distance Measuring Equipment)
· ADF (Automatic Direction Finding)
· NDB (Non-Directional Beacon)
· MKR (Marker Beacon)
· Primary ASR and Secondary Surveillance Radars (RBS mode)
· PAPI systems (VASI).
In March-April 2018, flight inspections were performed at the aerodromes of Yekaterinburg, Cheboksary, Ulyanovsk and Moscow (VKO, SVO) as well as Safonovo radar site. In 2016, RA-01520 aircraft participated in flight inspection of Platov airport facilities in Rostov-on-Don.
As for Vnukovo airport, flight inspections were conducted for the following CNS ground-based facilities and aeronautical telecommunication:
· Landing system SP 200/RMD-90NP (magnetic heading 058) CAT III
· Landing system SP 200/RMD-90 NP (magnetic heading 238) CAT III
· Landing system SP90/RMD-90 NP (magnetic heading 013) CAT I
· Landing system SP90/RMD-90 NP (magnetic heading 193) CAT I
Back to the list