ATCO Proficiency Competition in St. Petersburg
From 26 February to 2 March, St. Petersburg State University of Civil Aviation in cooperation with the State ATM Corporation’s “North West Air Navigation” branch hosted the International ATCO Proficiency Competition of Air Navigation Service Providers - Members of Coordination Council «Eurasia», pursuant to the State ATM Corporation Order № 88 dated 13 February 2018. The competitive teams represented 8 ANSPs - members of the Eurasia Coordination Council, namely FSUE “State ATM Corporation” (Russia), AZANS (Azerbaijan), “ARMATS” CJSC (Armenia), “Belaeronavigatsia” State-Owned Enterprise (Belarus), “Kazaeronavigatsia” RSE (Kazakhstan), State Enterprise "Kyrgyzaeronavigatsia" (Kyrgyzstan), State Unitary Enterprise “Tajikairnavigation” (Tajikistan), “Uzairnavigation” Center (Uzbekistan).
The State ATM Corporation team comprised the winners of the national ATCOs contest, representing St. Petersburg ATS Centre (“North West Air Navigation” branch), Chelyabinsk ATS Centre (“Ural Air Navigation” branch) and Moscow Automated ATC Centre.
The competition was held in three phases. The following disciplines and areas of expertise were assessed:
- Knowledge of ICAO Documents (ATM, ATS and planning issues);
- Language proficiency in the general and aviation English language as well as knowledge of the rules and radiotelephony phraseologies based on ICAO requirements;
- Knowledge of civil aviation history;
- Practical ATC Simulator operation;
The winners were chosen in each of the following categories:
· Homework: State Enterprise "Kyrgyzaeronavigatsia"
· Theoretical knowledge: “Uzairnavigation” Center
· Practical ATC Simulator operation: “Azeraeronavigatsiya”
· Knowledge of civil aviation history: State Unitary Enterprise “Tajikairnavigation”
· Language proficiency: “ARMATS” CJSC
Special award was given to Bauyrzhan Izzhanov, representative of “Kazaeronavigatsia” RSE, for his high level of the English language proficiency. Yevgenia Yushkova, representative of the FSUE “State ATM Corporation”, was nominated as “Best in Trade”.
The winning teams are:
1. FSUE “State ATM Corporation”
2. “Belaeronavigatsia” State-Owned Enterprise
3. “Kazaeronavigatsia” RSE
Congratulations to all participants, runners-up and winners of the contest!