One of the strategic goals of "State ATM Corporation" is the training of qualified, socially secured personnel that constitutes the most important and valuable resource of the Corporation.
State ATM Corporation has implemented a system of compensations and benefits:
- Shortened working hours are established for air traffic controllers;
- Controllers are entitled to early retirement (men at the age of 50 years, women at the age of 45 years);
- All employees receive a seniority pay in excess of their official salary;
- Employees who have continuously worked for the Corporation for over 7 years are entitled to a free flight to any destination once a year (one family member is entitled to a discount of 50%);
- Employees who have worked for the Enterprise for 20 years and more receive a one-time payment in the amount of 4-6 monthly wages;
- The employer defrays costs for medical examinations.
The Corporation's expenditures on the social package rise annually and amounted to 2 billion 392 million in 2013.
Some fringe benefits are foreseen to recruit young experts:
- 50% compensation of residential lease costs;
- Additional annual payments;
- An allowance for working in the Far North region.
All employees are provided with health resort treatment annually.
High importance is attached to healthy lifestyle and sport development.
State ATM Corporation's teams take part in international hockey and football tournaments annually. Two State ATM Corporation teams take part in the European Controllers’ Cup.
State ATM Corporation's teams have been holding leading positions for the last few years.
- 2010 – "Moscow" team – Bordeaux, 1st place
- 2011 - "Russia" team – Rome, 1st place
- 2012 - "Russia" team – 2nd place
- 2013 - "Moscow" and "Russia" teams – Dublin, 1st and 2nd places.
- The World Controllers’ Cup tournament was organized in 2011, where our team won a victory and defended its title in Brazil in 2012.
- Also, the ATC Hockey World Controllers’ Cup is held annually.
- 2009 – Minneapolis – 1st place
- 2011 – Dallas - 1st place
- 2012 - Saint-Jones – 4th place
- 2013 – Clevelend – 1st place.
Ural Air Navigation branch employees also do alpinism apart from football, hockey, and volleyball. In honor of the Civil Aviation 90th anniversary in December 2012, a group of alpinists from the Ural Air Navigation branch successfully climbed the highest point of Africa – Kilimanjaro volcano (5895 metres). The climbers planted flags of State ATM Corporation and the Ural Air Navigation branch above the continent of Africa.
A competition in ice-fishing, which is traditional in the North, is held annually in the North Ural Air Navigation and North Siberia Air Navigation branches.
The South Air Navigation branch football team permanently takes part in the Russian tournament held by the State ATM Corporation.
Even professional football and hockey players may be impressed with the number of prizes won by Moscow Automated ATC Centre controllers.